- Combine the baking mix and enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead for 3 – 5 minutes to be soft enough to roll into circles.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin roll each ball into a thin tortilla (dusting baking mix so that the dough doesn’t stick), approximately measuring 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a griddle or a frying pan and cook one tortilla at a time. Place one rolled tortilla on the hot pan and cook for 30 seconds on one side.
- Turn it to the other side and cook on the other side until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Repeat the cooking and turning processes until both the sides of the tortilla are covered with small bubbles that indicate the tortilla is cooked.
- Remove from the pan and spread the cooked tortilla with melted margarine or vegetable oil keep it covered in a cloth towel or a tortilla warmer.
- Cook all the tortillas similarly and keep them wrapped in a cloth towel.Makes 12 tortillas.